Welcome to Knox Township
This is the official website for Knox Township.
Homeworth Road between Georgetown and Center roads will be closed each day, weather permitting, from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the next four weeks beginning March 7 for tree removal.
Generally, all meetings are held at 7:00PM on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.
All meetings are help in the Knox Township Garage located at 2895 Knox School Road, Alliance, Ohio, 44601.
All meetings are open to the public unless specifically indicated otherwise.
Implementing the following tips will help customers use electricity wisely during this period of high demand:
• Set thermostats as high as comfort will allow. Every degree a customer can increase the temperature in their home will result in using about 3 percent less energy during the summer. During sunny weather, close drapes or blinds on windows facing the sun to prevent direct radiant heating from impacting interior temperatures.
• Use fans – moving air cools skin faster, resulting in greater comfort on hot days.
• Use a programmable or smart thermostat to keep temperatures higher when no one is home and to reduce the temperature before arrival back home.
• Only operate window air conditioners when someone is in the room.
• Keep refrigerators and freezers as full as possible. Frozen or cold items in the refrigerator help keep other items cool, reducing the amount of work the refrigerator must do to maintain a lower temperature.
• Close rooms that aren't used regularly during the summer, and close the air conditioning vents in those rooms, as well.
• Avoid using heat-producing appliances during the hottest hours of the day. The less heat produced at home, the less work the air conditioner will do.
• Consider investing in ENERGY STAR® appliances or heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. FirstEnergy's utilities may offer rebates on these purchases and tax deductions may apply as well.
• Check air conditioner and furnace fan filters. Clogged filters waste energy and money by forcing HVAC systems to work harder than necessary.
For more energy efficiency tips and information about energy-saving programs in your area, visit www.firstenergycorp.com/save_energy FirstEnergy is also taking steps to ensure its system is prepared to handle the increased electricity demands during the summer period. Its utilities are proactively inspecting the system to identify issues with substations and power lines. Proactive repairs are made where necessary to avoid potential power outages in the future. In addition, visual inspections of other equipment including transformers, capacitors and lightning arrestors are being conducted to ensure equipment is operational and lines are ready to perform efficiently when demand for electricity increases. Other FirstEnergy summer safety tips are available at www.firstenergycorp.com/safety For bill assistance resources, customers may visit www.firstenergycorp.com/billassist
Residents as of 2010 Census
miles of road.
What is happening around you
Please use the download links below each heading to get the form requested.
Please use the link below to view the PDF files.Meeting Notes
Knox Township Fire Protection is provided through the joint cooperation of the Homeworth Volunteer Fire Company and the North Georgetown Volunteer Fire Department.Read More
North Georgetown Volunteer Fire Department
|Emergency: (330) 525-7222||Non-Emergency: (330) 525-7029|
Homeworth Volunteer Fire Company
|Emergency: (330) 525-7611||Non-Emergency: (330) 525-7532||Email: email@example.com|
On April 12, 1930 the first organized fire department in the township was implemented in Homeworth with Harry Heffner as Chief. Memberships in the department were sold to villagers in order to provide the $3,100 needed to fund the purchase of a Howe Pumper - which they still own today.
The Knox Recycling Site can be found at the main Knox Garage located at 2895 Knox School Rd, Homeworth, OhioRead More
The Knox Recycling Site can be found at the main Knox Garage located at 2895 Knox School Rd, Homeworth, Ohio
Please do not recycle any glass
Connect with us
2895 Knox School Rd, Homeworth, Ohio
We meet at 7:00PM on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month.
(330) 2061237 - Trustee Chairman
(330) 257-1174 - Fiscal Officer